CLICK HERE to see Dr. Emily explain the value of neuropsychological testing!
Neuropsychology is a specialized field that focuses on understanding how the brain influences everything that we do. Many who work in this field, including Dr. Emily, focus on what happens when the brain does not seem to be working as well as expected. Our job is to:
- Understand what a child’s strengths and weaknesses tell us about how their brain is working,
- Discuss this within the context of any known medical condition and relevant research, and
- Determine the best ways to support continued development including developing a plan for school-based supports.
Benefits of neuropsychological services
- Improved understanding of your child’s needs and why some things may be more difficult for them.
- Confidence that you are implementing the best supports for your child both in and out of school.
What types of questions can Dr. Emily help answer?
Here are some of the most common, but this is certainly not an exhaustive list.
- Does my child have any developmental delays?
- How could my child’s medical condition affect their development?
- How can I best support my child’s development/school performance?
- Is my child getting the services they need at school/what is a good academic environment for my child?
- Is tutoring/medication/etc. helping my child make gains?
- Does my child have autism, a learning disability, ADHD, or other condition?
- How do I address my child’s behavior problems or social difficulties?
- What are the appropriate expectations for my child/am I setting the bar too high or too low?